TRANSITION™ Boluses are available in two sizes:
- 88 gram (22 g Ca) – ideal for Jersey cows
- 176 gram (44 g Ca)
TRANSITION™ Boluses are to be given immediately after calving, and again 12 hours after calving. Be sure to read the TRANSITION™ Boluses label for proper use directions.
|88 g Bolus||176 g Bolus|
|Immediately after calving||2 boluses||1 bolus|
|12 hours after first administration||2 boluses||1 bolus|
All TRANSITION™ Boluses are packed in individual inserts. Please use product immediately after insert removal.
- Insert flat end of the bolus snugly into an appropriate bolus gun (V-Grip™ Bolus Gun from Genesis Instruments recommended)
- Point rounded end toward the cow
- Insert bolus gun into the back of cow’s mouth and deposit the bolus, allowing the animal to swallow
- After administration, allow water access
Do not use excessive force, nor give to cows that are lying down, aggressive cows or cows without a normal swallowing reflex.